Mainia Foundation (MF):
Besides the use of religion, to gain political benefits has become a regular phenomenon in our country.Fundamental politics parties and its like minded political parties are always using religion as a political tool leaving it into controversy such unexpected activities are responsible in creating a great confusion about Islam and spiritual belief of common people as a whole.In fact the fanatics are taking the advantage because the majority of our people are illiterate and backward in respect to socio-economic development of common-man.
So to improve the socio-economic condition of the backward people and real spiritual development through the original essence of religion, Alhaj Shah Sufi syed Mainuddin Ahmed Al-Hasani Maizbhandari has established the ‘Mainia Foundation (MF)’.MF is a non Government, non-profit development and multidisciplinary welfare oriented organisation.It has no political affilation.A group of dedicated philanthropists from all classes of the society including spiritual leaders,physicians, journalists,educationists and highly experienced social workers established the MF under the leadership of Shah Sufi Syed Saifuddin Ahmed, for the welfare of rural and urban people.
MF’s vision is to establish a model community in the society,free from hunger,illiteracy,superstition,exploitation and oppression.MF also wants to make the life of rural and urban masses healthy and hygienic.MF is active to create employment opportunities for the underprivileged people by launching extensive motivational programs in a view to improving their socio-economic condition.It also helps them to perfect their individual rights vis-a-vis universal human rights.The ultimate vision is to establish a model society for the generation to come.
Aims and Objectives:
1) To make people aware of their personal hygiene, family atmosphere and surrounding environment.
2) To establish women empowerment by involving them in income generating activities.
3) To improve economic condition of unprivileged people in the society through income generating programs by establishing cooperatives for savings and support.
4) To provide formal and intensive training to rural and urban people to develop the working skills in a view to make them self reliant.
5) To make rural and urban people aware of using safe water, proper sanitation,family planning and Health Education.
6) To improve literacy rate among general people so that they are able to improve their quality of life.
7) To arrange permanent shelters for landless people.
1) Afforestation Program.
2) Health Care Center.At grass-root level.
3) Health Education for unprivileged students of primary schools.
4) Credit cooperative programs for unprivileged people,particularly for rural women.
5) Publication of books,manuals,journals,posters,leaf-lets etc.in line with the objectives of MF to help strengthen the motivational activities.
6) Training programs for the group members of different Islamic projects.
7) Leadership development program of group members.
8) Relief and rehabilitation program
9) Anti-drug Program
10) Cultural program
Organizational Structure of MF:
Chief patron: Sheikul Islam Alhaj Shahsufi Mawlana Syed MainuddinAhmed Al Hasani Wal Hussaini
Chairman: Alhaj Shahzada Syed Saifuddin Ahmed Al-Hasani Wal-Hussaini
The MF has a 11-member executive committee with the 27 memebers advisary board.The functional activities of the organisation are executed by the President and Secretary General.The MF has a 511-Member General Body to make a policy decision and guide the organization.
Organizational Structure of MF:Blood Bank: The Institute of Hazrat Gausul Azam
Mainia Media Centre:
Tasawuf Traning Academy:
Imam Traning Institute: One of the main tasks of the MF will be ‘Imam Training Programme’
SUFIS-Sufi Unity for International solidarity:Sufi Society is constituted to accomodate the spiritual ideas of scholars.This society organizes national and international conferences to uphold the values of Sufism.
Rickshaw Project:MF has already launched a programme to distribute rickshaws amongst the poor and destitute of Bangladesh.MF is looking forward to distribute 100,000 rickshaws gradually.
Bababhandari Research Center:A seperate researech center has been established to conduct intensive research on the order of Bababhandari to make it understandable and popular to all.
Orphanage:An Orphanage has been set up too.Its approach is job-oriented.The students will be trained up with adequate technical knowledge, so they can be succesful later on.There are currently 3 orphanage centres being run by MF.
Rahmania Mainia Free Clinic for the poor:A modem general clinic has been set up to facilitate the poor and destitute.Services will be fully free for the poor.
Madrasa:A Madrasa has been set up at Maizbhandar to teach students the Maizbhandari way of Islam.
Hafejkhana:Students are being trained as hafez,which is to memorize the Quran.
Madrasa-e-Mainia Darse Nezamia:Students are being taught the Quran and Hadith and are being trained to become Ulemas.They are also learning a variety of languages such as Arabic,Farsi,English and Urdu.They are also being taught subjects such as Mathematics,Science and literature in the 4 year course.
Primary education(Forkania):307 primary education Khanaga (spiritual center) project based on Khanaga 45 district in Bangladesh run by the MF.
Mosque and Mazar complex:MF is constructing a Mosque and Mazar complex in Maizbhandar.the Mosque will be big enough for 20000 people to pray Namaz,and the physical structure of the complex will be of international standard to give a positived impression at first sight.
MF carries on its work for the welfare of the community.We pray to Almighty Allah for the success of MF,may it keep on executing its work for the welfare of the people and society.
Back to top